Career Tip Thursday: If you’re a hiring manager, never “wing it” when interviewing a job candidate.
For every job interview, schedule at least 30 minutes of preparation time to:
- Read the job description to be clear on the role, responsibilities and requirements
- Write a list of questions to ask
- Review the candidate’s resume and LinkedIn profile
- Write down any clarification questions to better understand certain aspects of the candidate’s resume or experience
Tips and tricks for before you interview someone...
Because life is too short to spend even a minute on trying to “fake it till you make it.”
Thought for the Week: “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.” ~ Albert Clarke
While I’m on the topic of being a good people manager, here’s a good article with 7 things you should never say to your employees (when you’re the boss)…
Career Tip Thursday: Almost no one wakes up in the morning and says, “I think I’ll be a bad boss today.”
To be a good manager you will need to:
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for your group
- Help employees feel connected to the goals of the organization
- Spend time with each employee
- Empower employees
- Recognize great work
Check out the 10 management behaviors to avoid, in my latest The Seattle Times Jobs article…
Feeling frustrated about your career? Here are 7 actions you can take…
Thought for the Week: “Talent is a gift, but character is a choice.” ~ John C. Maxwell
Introverts – you can shine during job interviews. Here’s how…..
Place the badge on your website to show off your ranking on Career Igniter Top Career Websites