How Much Does A Mathematician Make?
The common perception is that obtaining a degree in mathematics is best left to the geeks and geniuses of the classroom. But if the average students would only take a look at how much mathematicians are earning, they’d probably want to strive harder to love math and actually make a career out of it. Mathematicians, especially those who work for scientific research and development services industry, manufacturing and the federal government are paid six-figure salaries annually. There are also bound to be more opportunities in the field in the next few years making it a very promising profession for those who are mathematically inclined.
Average Mathematician Salary
- Executive mathematicians (Top 10%) earn $160,310 ($77.07 an hour)
- Senior mathematicians (Top 25%) earn $129,730 ($62.37 an hour)
- Mid Level mathematicians (Median) pay is $105,810 ($50.87 an hour)
- Junior of mathematicians (Bottom 25%) earn $72,440 ($34.83 an hour)
- Entry Level of mathematicians (Bottom 10%) earn $54,890 ($26.39 an hour)
Mathematician Salary By State
|Rank||State||Hourly Rate||Annual Salary|
|#2||District of Columbia||$60.94||$126,750|