How Much Does A Preschool Teacher Make?
Preschool teachers don’t only teach the foundation topics in reading, writing and math to children aged three to five years old. They serve as their role models and form a very important part of the lives of these young and impressionable minds. For many teachers, the salary is not the primary lure that drew them into the profession but their sheer passion for teaching and genuine love for young children. Although the pay is decent, it’s not enough to hold someone who does not have the heart for the job for long. Those who are keenly interested in the profession, however, will be happy to know that government projections see a lot of demand for preschool teachers in the next few years.
Average Preschool Teacher Salary
- Executive preschool teachers (Top 10%) earn $88,430
- Senior preschool teachers (Top 25%) earn $70,390
- Mid Level preschool teachers (Median) pay is $54,720
- Junior of preschool teachers (Bottom 25%) earn $42,550
- Entry Level of preschool teachers (Bottom 10%) earn $32,820