How Much Does A Software Developer Make?
Developing computer software applications is the focus of the work of software developers. This is the work of those who eat, live and breathe computers and have a passion for technology. Software developers are paid very well for their efforts, with their mean annual wages in the six-figure vicinity. As demand for computer software in the healthcare and security fields increases, government data has projected that a very positive job outlook for software developers in the next few years.
Average Software Developer Salary
- Executive software developers (Top 10%) earn $155,310 ($74.67 an hour)
- Senior software developers (Top 25%) earn $124,260 ($59.74 an hour)
- Mid Level software developers (Median) pay is $95,830 ($46.07 an hour)
- Junior of software developers (Bottom 25%) earn $71,410 ($34.33 an hour)
- Entry Level of software developers (Bottom 10%) earn $53,300 ($25.63 an hour)