Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Sometimes, it’s difficult to represent yourself on a resume if you are an administrative assistant. We have created this Administrative Assistant sample resume for someone looking for a job or trying to improve their own resume. Use this sample resume as a guideline to help you get noticed and land your next interview.
5647 Time Street, New York, NY 10453
718.562.4216 ~ MGreene@gmail.com
- Self Directed Administrator
- Highly Organized
- Business Writing
- Computer Proficiency
- Comprehensive Research
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Collaborative Team Player
- Process and Procedure Compliance
- Records Management
Results driven Administrative Professional with a passion for attention to detail. Ability to provide administrative support for complex and time sensitive projects as well as routine duties. Excellent interpersonal skills furthered by business and financial background and activities that facilitate effective collaborative efforts and team environments. Able to use discretion and sound judgment in every task, respecting highly confidential materials and projects.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, NEW YORK, NY 02/2010 – PRESENT
First point of contact in busy school office, responsible for a wide range of duties including reception, bookkeeping, Human Resources, Enrollment, records management, correspondence, technical support and public relations. Support administration, staff and students maintaining strict confidentiality in all situations.
- Accurately prepare all banking reports and cash reconciliations. Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable for routine school business and extra curricular functions. Oversee petty cash and postage accounts, balancing daily.
- With a high level of customer service, answer busy switchboard, maintaining professionalism and handling disputes when necessary. Offer open and supportive communication to students, faculty and administration assisting wherever needed.
- Act as liaison between all school departments ensuring proper communication is delivered.
- Manage capital purchases, direct vendor relations and create and maintain equipment tracking records.
- Complete all duties including special projects with high level of proficiency and according to time frames set forth.
- Assist Principal and Deputy Principal in the execution of all special events including graduation, awards ceremonies and student recognitions. Prepare and deliver school reports as required by the state of Queensland.
MARTIAL ARTS ASSOCIATION OF NY, NEW YORK, NY • 1998 – 2010
Assisted team of managers, instructors and office personnel in dynamic martial arts association operations. Oversaw and performed administrative duties including cash handling, all account reconciliations, business correspondence, banking, payroll and human resources functions. Effectively handled all sales and marketing efforts, training staff on quality customer services practices and client relations.
- Offered open and supportive communications to team, providing leadership, guidance and support aimed at improving employee morale, customer experience and a safe and harmonious work environment.
- Undertook all secretarial and administrative duties as required to be compliant with state guidelines and association requirements.
- Assisted Financial Officer whenever needed, creating and updating spreadsheets, databases and reports. Printed and delivered reports to board of directors and Association President.
- Maintained calendar of events, distributing it to all stakeholders.
- Performed procurement analysis to ensure vendor negotiations and pricing was fair and equitable. Maintained positive relationships with multiple vendors and oversaw all purchasing and inventory.
- Assisted with all Human Resource functions including recruiting, hiring, training and staff development. Calculated payroll accurately and timely, delivering reports to Accountant and Australian Taxation Office.
- Managed all member and employee paperwork and documentation, creating organized work flow and filing systems that ensured seamless operations and retrieval.
- Assisted in the implementation effective marketing and public relations strategies that accurately conveyed business culture and services.
BUILDING ASSOCIATION, NEW YORK, NY • 1994 – 1998
Customer Service Representative
Offered excellence in customer service to members of Building Society. Performed accounting and bookkeeping functions, maintained member database electronically and oversaw printing and distribution of marketing materials.
- Maintained positive rapport with customers aimed at offering a positive experience that promotes member retention and referrals.
- Maintained strict confidentiality and discretion when handling personal information.
Certificate, Business, Dec 1998
New York Technical School, New York, NY
Business Courses Completed,
New York College, New York, NY
Intro to Business, 2008
Effective Human Resources, 2011
- Database Management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Online Research
- Web Based Technology
- Standard Office Equipment
- Power Point
- Website Administration