Dental Hygienist Resume Sample
This resume was crafted for an individual with significant experience in the dental hygiene field. As with all medical professions, it is critical to list education, certifications, licenses, and any other professional training credentials on the resume. The sample below also details this individual’s level of patient responsibility, administrative tasks, and contributions that helped or improved day-to-day operations.
5693 Parkway Drive
Denton, TX, 76201
Drs. Cook, Adams and Brown, DDS, PA June 2008 – Present
- Conduct patient screening, medical history evaluations and dental charting for patients coming to see the dentist.
- Provide education concerning oral hygiene care according to state guidelines.
- Provide nutritional counseling and self-care programs to prevent disease.
- Assist office staff with scheduling, filing and assisting patients whenever necessary.
Denton Town Dental Clinic July 2005 –June 2008
- Conducted teeth cleaning and maintenance for patients undergoing regular routine dental check up.
- Offered compassionate, friendly demeanor aimed to make patients comfortable and diminish anxiety.
- Collaborated with doctors regarding patient plan of care and dental strategies.
- Provided education and demonstrations that promote proper dental care.
- Assisted with anesthesia and periodontal scaling.
- Input medical history and patient visit information into industry software program, keeping database up to date and accurate.
Dr. Wolfe, DDS, PA March 2005 – July 2005
Dental Hygienist Intern
- Provided assistance to regular hygienist taking on regular responsibilities in 6 month.
- Trained in all facets of dentistry from young children to senior citizens.
Coastal Bend College, Beeville, TX
Dental Hygienist Certification, 2008
Denton Community College, Denton, TX
Associate of Arts, Health Science, 2005
Licensed Dental Hygienist, Effective 06/2008
- Patient Relations
- Patient Assessment
- Periodontal Scaling
- Surgical Procedures
- Trauma Care
- Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry
Volunteer – Denton City free dental clinic
Dental Assistant – Missions trip to Brazil, offering dental care and education to children
Mentor – Boys and Girl Club of America