Massage Therapist Resume Sample
Here is a massage therapist sample resume that you can use to showcase your objective, skills, work experience and education. The resume sample is specifically designed to be used for a massage therapist. We have included a background on the skills section of this resume to help draw the focus to them.
51 Seashore Dr. ~ Seaside, FL 32301
904.555.3654 ~ MaryMassage@gmail.com
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Thai Massage
- Sports Massage
- Back Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Pregnancy Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
Dynamic, compassionate Massage Therapist with a calm and soothing demeanor. Sharp business acumen facilitates structured and organized business development activities that result in steady and loyal clientele. Well developed interpersonal skills help to create strong and long lasting relationships and positive rapport with clients which results in a high rate of referrals and repeat business. Highly trained and educated in massage therapy, including massage for therapy and sports injuries.
SEASIDE THERAPY AND WELLNESS CENTER, Seaside, FL2005-Present
Lead Massage Therapist
Oversee all massage therapy activities including therapist schedules, continuing education, client satisfaction and wellbeing, business development as well as all administrative tasks. Maintain a full time client base and schedule, providing excellent care and treatment. Coordinate and implement all in-service classes for staff ensuring that each therapist is proficient at every treatment offered by the Center.
- Completed all necessary administrative and business development activities to open Massage Therapy Department of Center on time. Created and followed through on marketing and business development campaign successfully, serving 15 clients on the first day of business.
- Conceptualized and implemented a client referral and retention program that has produced a 50% referral rate, creating the need to continue to hire more therapists to meet the needs of the center.
- Meet with every new client to develop a therapy plan based on their individual needs and wants.
- Maintain a personal client base, offering a wide range therapy options and specializing in Pregnancy Massage, Back Massage and Deep Tissue Massage.
- Offer Labor and Delivery Services, attending to women while in Labor to promote relaxation and an easier delivery.
- Maintain Client Confidentiality and sensitivity to age and gender related issues during all client interactions.
Dr. William Osborne, Pensacola, FL, 2000-2005
Served as Massage Therapist for busy Chiropractic Office, offering Deep Tissue Massage for therapeutic and sports injury purposes. Maintain full client caseload, communicating findings and issues with physician to assist in overall treatment of the patients. Collaborate with Physician and nursing staff in weekly plan of care meetings held to review and update each patient’s treatment plan. Track all hours for billing purposes and work with billing office to ensure accuracy of bills and to assist with any collection issues. Participate in community events and health fairs, designing and creating marketing materials used to promote the Chiropractic Office and Massage Therapy services that are offered.
- Performed Therapy on individuals involved in auto accidents, worker’s compensation injuries, and those in need of massage therapy to address muscle related injuries and issues.
- Performed specialized therapy including deep tissue, trigger work and general Swedish massage that includes the use of heat, ice and essential oils where indicated.
- Met with each new patient to complete an assessment and develop a plan of treatment according to physician orders and patient feed back.
- Collaborated with medical and professional staff, as well as referral source to coordinate joint patient and management objectives.
EDUCATION and CONTINUING EDUCATION
SNI School Of Massage And Allied Therapies, Lake Worth, FL, Graduated 2000
Massage License NO. MA521326
- Shiatsu Part One, Tallahassee, FL 2001
- FL 12 HRS Massage Therapy for Spinal Curvatures, Pensacola, FL 2003
- Aromatherapy for the Mind, Body and Spirit Based on TCM. Five Element Theory, Tallahassee, FL 2005
- Deep Tissue Massage Techniques, 2011 Shiatsu Part Two, Tallahassee, FL 2002
- FL 6 HRs Post Traumatic Stress and Anxiety Disrorders, Tallahassee, FL 2004
- Japanese Facial Massage, Tallahassee, FL 2004
- Chinese Therapeutic Massage and Acupressure, Pensacola, FL 2010
ESCAMBIA COUNTY MESSAGE THERAPISTS COMMUNITY, Member since 2005.
ESCAMBIA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, Member since 2005.
SEASIDE HEALTH AND FITNESS ASSOCIATION, Member since 2005.
STATE OF FLORIDA ASSICATION OF MESSAGE THERAPISTS. Member since 2000.
Need help writing your resume?
Career Igniter offer professional resume writing services that deliver job-winning results.