Medical Assistant Resume Sample
You Fill-In Phrases to Make Perfect Resumes. Insanely Good, Super Easy.
careerigniter.com/resume-builderThe easiest way to find a career (ever)
Starting out or looking for a career change, this tool is for you.
careerigniter.com/career-finderFind Jobs in Your Area
Job listings from thousands of websites in one simple search.
careerigniter.com/jobsProfessional Resume Writers
A professional career requires a professional resume. Get guaranteed results!
Here’s a sample resume for a Medicial Assistant. There are many types of medical assistants so we tailored this resume to try to be a good fit for all types. This sample resume should come in handy and you can use it as a guideline for your medical assistant resume.
5626 8TH AVENUE, GAINESVILLE, FL 32601 – 352-688-4536 – SALLYS@GMAIL.COM
Experienced Medical Assistant with over 6 years of experience providing quality support and medical care to patients. Highly adept at injections, vital signs, patient history, surgical preparation and pediatric care. Able to build a positive relationship with patients and families, creating a comfortable and relaxing environment. Highly organized with excellent administrative and communication skills.
Associate in Medical Assisting, 2005
Kaplan University, Gainesville, FL
Blood Draws ~ Injections ~ Patient Vitals ~ Triage Patient Education ~ HIPAA
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, 2008 – Present
Alachua Primary Care Group, Gainesville, FL
Provide assistance to physicians for busy health care team. Offer backup support to nurses and office staff. Take patient vital signs upon arrival and complete inquiry form detailing reason for visit. Answer questions and give patients appropriate directions for preparation of physician visit.
- Assist with administrative duties when needed including answering phones, patient scheduling, filing and scheduling ancillary tests. Greet patients as they arrive and answer questions.
- Maintain strict schedule, taking patients back to the exam rooms as they arrive. Demonstrate professionalism in taking patient histories as well as performing injection and drawing blood.
- Quickly build a positive rapport with patients to make the comfortable even during uncomfortable procedures.
- Follow all HIPAA guidelines, maintaining strict confidentiality and patient rights.
- React calmly and effectively in emergency situations, follow office protocol to resolve situation quickly and discreetly.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, 2006 – 2008
Gainesville Earn Nose and Throat, Gainesville, FL
Medical Assistant for 5 physician Otolaryngology group specializing in children. Checked patients in, took vital statistics and provided instructions to parents to prepare for office visit. Drew blood when necessary and conducted allergy tests. Referred questions to physician and nurse when necessary.
- Provided backup support to office staff, completing billing and filing tasks, answering phones, scheduling testing and specialist appointments.
- Acted as liaison between patient and doctor.
- Conducted simple, medical procedures. Assisted physical with complicated, in-office procedures, offering comfort to patient.
OFFICE STAFF, 2005 – 2006
TOTS PEDIATRIC GROUP
Receptionist and billing specialist for busy pediatric group. Scheduled appointments, checked patients in, verified insurance and filed insurance claims. Kept office organized and completed all filing tasks.
Need help writing your resume?
Career Igniter offer professional resume writing services that deliver job-winning results.