Nurse Resume Sample
Here is a sample resume for a nurse. Our nursing resume template includes key features such as core competencies like ambulatory patient care, surgical and non-surgical procedures, and even medication administration. We have tailored this nursing sample resume to be specific for the health care industry.
100 A Amber Ave. – New York, NY 11779
631.452.6968(h) – 631.321.4698(c) – Sanderson@gmail.com
Compassionate healthcare professional with exceptional clinical, didactic and leadership skills. Comfortable in fast paced emergency situations and adept in crisis management. Successful in managing time, prioritizing tasks and exercising the sound judgment required to improve the quality of patient care. Core Competencies Include:
- Bedside Care
- Patient Assessments
- Record Keeping
- Chart Reading
- Ambulatory Patient Care Surgical & Non-Surgical Procedures
- Support Staff Leadership
- Medication Administration
New York City Hospital, New York, NY 2010 – Present
Oversee the Neuro Center, managing a staff of 4-6 ancillary employees that provide services for 4 physician’s offices, 4 physicians, a Radiology Department, as well as 2 Registrars. Provide quality care for an Nero Clinic, caring for 70-100 patients per day. Coordinate with engineering, maintenance and laundry to ensure seamless operations.
- Track and monitor all medical supplies used and required by Center, ensuring complete and thorough support of Physician’s offices and clinic is maintained.
- Managed the admission, surgery and recovery of clinic, streamlining admission and discharge process through performance improvement and program development initiatives.
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 1999 – 2010
Provided nursing care to patients undergoing a variety of procedures, including GI, Gastric Bypass, Crohn’s Disease, and Liver Transplants. Diligently assessed and documented medications, provided thorough bedside care, and performed nursing duties while ensuring doctor’s orders were carried out. Met with families and patients, offering compassion and advice regarding healthcare.
- Provided effective leadership, mentoring, and direction to support staff.
- Offered caring and compassionate care to terminally ill patients fighting depression. Although not able to change medical situation, patient morale improved, offering health benefits and better quality of life.
- Worked extremely hard under challenging conditions; often worked when shifts were short staffed, providing excellent nursing care despite a lack of human resources.
- Commended by Nursing Supervisor for exhibiting extra effort and strong work ethic.
- Utilized assessment skills to identify and monitor patients’ needs and consulted with physicians to provide timely and efficient treatments to patients recovering from surgery.
Brooklyn Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 1997 – 1998
Worked as staff nurse for hospital offering nursing services to orthopedic patients undergoing surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Developed refined interpersonal and problem solving skills as a result of a challenging, under-staffed work environment.
- Interacted with patients of all ages, levels of development and ethnic backgrounds.
- Maintained calm, caring environment through shift.
Memorial Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 1995 -1997
Provided skilled nursing care to patients undergoing orthopedic and neurological procedures, requiring in-patient medical care. Offered professional, caring, nursing services with great attention to detail and a high level of organization.
- Sought to provide consistent, unbiased treatment of all patients regardless of patients’ attitudes or demeanor. Treated all patients with kindness and compassion, giving quality medical care.
- Collaborated with nursing staff, acting as a team, assisting each other with difficult situations involving both patients and their families.
Master of Science, 1999; Honors Program
New York University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science, 1995
New York University, New York, NY
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
RN License # 77777-1, Expires: 2/28/15
Biomedical Research Certificate, Received: 9/13/10
Social and Behavioral Research, 2010
Girls Club of America – New York Youth Guidance Mentoring Program, 2003 – 2007
Registered Nurse – American Red Cross, Earthquake Relief, Los Angeles, CA, 1994
Need help writing your resume?
Career Igniter offer professional resume writing services that deliver job-winning results.
Share This Article